.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Practicing in argumentative writing Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 words

Practicing in argumentative writing - Essay Example Academic argumentation aids a student acquire knowledge, promote scientific thinking and enhance comprehension of history and social studies. Moreover, written argumentation leads to an increase in motivation and problem-solving performance within the academic setting. Thus, it is essential for a student to understand, evaluate and construct written arguments in various areas. Purposeful writing Writing ability plays an essential role in student learning since writing creates an environment for developing cognitive and organizational strategies where a student can link fresh concepts with familiar ones, as well as synthesizing knowledge, exploring relations and implications. As a writer, I have been motivated to write and maintain positive attitude regarding the writing process. Moreover, I have learned to bear certain goals when writing thus, I have been able to hold the view that results of my writing is worth the time and the effort used. As a writer, I am able to draw upon the lo ng-term memory and have topic, linguistic and genre knowledge in developing a written text. Moreover, I have been able to ensure that as a writer I understand the audience to whom I am writing to; nevertheless, I have a weakness in understanding how to alter a topic and apply linguistic and genre knowledge. In purposeful writing, long-term memory represent three core elements that underlie cognitive processes essential in writing: which include reflection commonly regarded as planning; text production which involves generating and drafting text and then text interpretation also known as revision. Effective functioning of an individual’s memory is essential in the writing process since it may require a writer to retrieve information from the memory. Argumentative writing demands various cognitive processes; thus, as a writer I am aware of the several elements that are specific to certain genres. In developing a purposeful writing, I essentially keep the audience in mind since failure to adhere can irritate the audience. Thus, in striving to be a strong writer I strive to be competent and confident with the use of various techniques in order to engage the audience. Collections of my previous writings have strong organizational plan with clear sentence sense and variety. Moreover, I endeavor the selection of vocabulary which is appropriate for certain writings and ensuring few spelling and conventional errors. As a writer who enjoys the pursuit of independent writing I like to show originality, liveliness, humor and excitement in engaging with the audience and sustaining quality throughout. Thus, being a comfortable writer helps in developing skills and confidence, this in return aids the use of techniques in engaging the audience; therefore, as a writer in Purposeful wring I have a high degree of confidence. In academic setting, prior knowledge of a context is essential in understanding a text, which is useful in considering academic writing because readi ng and writing relate closely in a school setting. Writing is powerful since it matters to me and has the chance of affecting others; moreover, writing is pleasurable since putting pen on paper to shape sentences, paragraphs and essays involves tone, rhythm and texture of language. Many people never write unless there is absolute a reason therefore, an individual works on a text because of an explicit purpose one tries to accomplish. As a writer, the purpose of writing is to inform others regarding a certain topic the audience needs to know. Therefore, as a writer I have been ensuring that my writings are persuasive enough in my academic essays since being a composition student

No comments:

Post a Comment